Class Registration is Below
To register for this class scroll to the bottom of the page.
Wagner Education Center
Courses are presented at the beautiful Wagner Education Center at the Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle. On the shores of South Lake Union, The Wagner Education Center is an amazing space to learn. You needn’t be a boater to attend, as the material crosses over to all aspects of Medical Emergencies whether on land or afloat.
Pressed for time?
The “Blended Learning” program is ideal for the busy learner as an intial or renewal class.
The class is 80% online, about two hours, with a 2 (two) hour in person practical skills sign off.
The online portion must be completed prior to attending the in-person sessions.
These Courses are Approved by:
These Courses are Approved by:
The United States Coast Guard for OUPV – Master Mariner & MMD. USCG Course # AMESHI-197
Additional Approvals; Washington State L&I (Labor & Industry), and OSHA.
Certificates are valid for two years from date of issue.
CWB Members, Staff & Volunteers may be eligible for discounts, please contact Jennifer at the center for more details.
MEDIC First Aid BasicPlus is a combined adult first aid, AED, and CPR certification course designed specifically for the occupational first aid provider. This extremely flexible program will help students and employers meet OSHA and other federal and state regulatory requirements for response and care for medical emergencies at work, home or recreation. BasicPlus conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC, and the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.
BasicPlus CPR, AED, and First Aid for Adults
The Big Three
Combines adult CPR, AED, and first aid training in a program designed for the occupational first aid provider. This comprehensive program will help employers meet USCG, OSHA, L&I and other federal and state regulatory requirements for how to respond and care for medical emergencies in the workplace.
- First Aid Provider
- Recognizing an Emergency
- Personal Safety
- Deciding to Help
- Infectious Bloodborne Diseases
- Standard Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Legal Considerations
- Implied Consent
- Good Samaritan Laws
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Actions Plans
- Poison Help Line
- Emergency Moves
- Oxygen and the Human Body
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(CPR)
- Early Defibrillation
- Chain of Survival
- Secondary Cardia Arrest
- Opioid Overdose
- Chest Compressions
- Rescue Breaths
- AED Operation
- AED Troubleshooting & Considerations
- Primary Assessment –
- Recovery Position
- Caring for Cardiac Arrest
- Multiple Provider Approach to CPR
- Choking Assessment
- Primary Assessment –
- Responsive Person
- Secondary Assessment*
- Sudden Injury
- Control of Bleeding
- Hemostatic Dressings
- Using a Tourniquet*
- Using a Hemostatic Dressing*
- Internal Bleeding
- Impaled Subject*
- Open Chest Injury*
- Open Abdominal Injury*
- Head, Neck or Back Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Brain Injury
- Swollen, Painful or Deformed
- Limb Burns
- Injured Tooth
- Altered Mental Status
- Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath
- Asthma and Inhalers
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Pain, Pressure or Discomfort in Chest
- Severe Abdominal Pain*
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Stroke
- Stinging Insects*
- Tick Bites*
- Marine Animal Stings*
- Animal and Human Bites*
- Emotional Considerations*
- *Supplemental Topics
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ’s are to the right, and registration for this class is at the bottom of this page.
If you need more assistance please let us know.
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions.
If we did not answer your question here, please let us know.
How long are the classes ?
For Basic First Aid, CPR/AED the class can run up to four (4) hours.
Blended larning classes require about 2 hours of on-line work, and about two hours of in-person skills check-offs.
What is your refund policy ?
Northwest Response has a fair and equitable Refund Policy in place containing guidelines guaranteeing the refund of fees to course Participants under reasonable circumstances.
Registration may be cancelled up to Five (5) working days prior to commencement of course with Participants either transferring to another course or receiving a full refund.
- Registration cancelled less than three working days but one day prior to commencement of a course will incur a 50% cancellation / transfer fee.
- If no cancellation notice is received, or cancellation is made with less than 1 day’s notice, no refund will be issued.
- You may substitute another Participant at any time prior to course commencement date should the nominated person be unable to attend. Notification of such changes is imperative.
- Northwest Response reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course to an alternative date. All registered Participants affected by such changes will receive a full refund or be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available course date.
- No refunds will be made after the commencement of the course unless the Participant can provide a medical certificate or show extreme personal hardship. In this case, fees may be refunded on a pro-rata basis at the discretion of Northwest Response.
- All monies received will be placed in a holding account and will not be accessed until the course commences. A relevant proportion of fees paid for the course will remain in that account until the program is completed, to ensure pro-rata refunds for eligible Participants.
Are these classes approved ?
Yes. All of our classes are approved by OSHA, L&I and the United States Coast Guard.
How long is my training certificate valid for ?
First Aid, CPR/AED certificates are valid for two years.
BBP (Bloodborne Pathogens) are valid one year
BLS is two years
What are the physical requirements ?
You will need to demonstrate that you are able to preform CPR on a mannequin on the floor for approximately 3 minutes.
If you are unable to demonstrate the required skills no certificate will be issued. If you have physical restrictions please contact us before signing up for class.