Soon you will be attending a Respiratory Protection “Fit Test” to ensure that your filtering facepiece (N95, KN95, P-100) is affording you the level of protection you expect, and is working to the standards of OSHA/NIOSH, CDC, FDA and Labor & Industries (L&I).
There is more to a fit test than checking the mask. You need to have knowledge of the proper use and limitations of the PPE you will be wearing, and the various types of respirators used in the workplace.
The following lessons will prepare you for your fit test session, and broaden your knowledge of Respiratory Protection in general. This course covers many different types of respirators and their uses, but is not a replacement for a full respiratory protection program.
This course is a pre-requisite to fit testing.
You must complete this course before you can be fit tested.
You must click through all screens.
There are two quizzes; ten questions each, one at the end of each section.
When you complete the quizzes with a passing grade you will receive an email with a link to your certificate.
Certificate can also be found in the homepage menu
“Your Account” > “Your Courses” > “Certificates”
When you click “Enroll below” you will be taken to the registration page.
Please Use your Real Name as User Name:
The Basics of Respatory Potection
- Lesson 10- Who needs to be trained?
- Lesson 11 – How do you make sure the respirator fits properly?
- Lesson 12 – How do you inspect and take care of respirators?
- Lesson 13 – Each respirator represents a different size and shape
- Lesson 14 – Properly fitted respirators will provide adequate protection
- Lesson 15 – Donning the respirator
- Lesson 16 – Determining acceptable fit
- Lesson 17 – The Fit Test
- Lesson 18 – Continuing Respirator Effectiveness
- Quiz 2